In this 3 or 5-day instructor-led course, you will learn to build reusable tools by using Windows PowerShell 3.0. This course focuses on the Windows PowerShell scripting language and on the concepts and techniques needed to design tools, including and output requirements and functional requirements. You will learn functions to deal with anticipated errors using standard PowerShell patterns and practices. By course completion, you will be armed with the knowledge and skills to better administer a wide variety of server and client products and technologies that offer Windows PowerShell integration, including Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Windows Active Directory Domain Services, Microsoft SharePoint Server, and more.
RemoteLive Online Platform - a supercharged platform that allows learners to truly participate from anywhere and see everything!
Replay Class Recordings
This course is intended for administrators in a Microsoft-centric environment who want to build reusable units of automation, automate business processes, and enable less-technical colleagues to accomplish administrative tasks.
What You'll Learn
- Describe the correct patterns for building modularized tools in Windows PowerShell
- Write tools, including scripting, parameterizing commands, and providing verbose output
- Build highly modularized functions that comply with native PowerShell patterns
- Build controller scripts that expose user interfaces and automate business processes
- Manage data in a variety of formats
- Write automated tests for tools
- Debug tools
- Create custom formatting views
- Create tools that are consistent in naming and operation with native Windows PowerShell tools
- Course Number M55039
- Course Length 5 days
- Course Fee $2,775.00
- Delivery Format VLT (LIVE Online; Virtual Instructor Led Training)
- Course Topic Productivity
- Vendor Microsoft
- Technology PowerShell
About the instructorJason YoderMicrosoft Certified Trainer
M55039 Windows PowerShell Scripting & Toolmaking